Saturday, August 27, 2011

Marinated Tuna Steaks


An easy tasty marinated that works well with tuna or any other white fish. Keeps thinks tender and flavorful without over whelming the fish.

Ingredients:
1/4 cup orange juice
1/4 cup soy sauce (I used low sodium)
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon lemon juice
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano (I used dried "Italian herbs")
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
4 (4 ounce) tuna steaks

Servings: 4 Steaks

Instructions:
In a large non-reactive dish, mix together the orange juice, soy sauce, olive oil, lemon juice, parsley, garlic, oregano, and pepper. Place the tuna steaks in the marinade and turn to coat. Cover, and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.

Preheat grill for high heat. Lightly oil grill grate. Cook the tuna steaks for 5 to 6 minutes, then turn and baste with the marinade. Cook for an additional 5 minutes, or to desired doneness. Discard any remaining marinade.

Recipe From: AllRecipes.com

When Dad came out to visit he went fishing with Crystal, deep sea fishing. They had a blast out in the sun flinging about fish and guts while I sat home in the AC. But when they returned they brought back some amazing fresh tuna steaks and I was lucky enough to get some!

Now that my freezer was filled with tuna steaks I needed to figure out what to do with them. I love to eat fish but I am not one to cook it, I just smother it in garlic and lemon with some butter and it never comes out very special. So with these amazing cuts of super fresh fish I needed to do something different. This recipe has great reviews so I thought I couldn't go wrong.

I followed everything pretty much to the letter, though I followed the advice of others and marinaded for 2 hours not 30 minutes and this came out fantastic. Flavorful but not overwhelming, so it goes well with almost any dish. Not too sweet or salty, just right.

The tuna was thick and took about 4 minutes per side and didn't stick too bad too the grill. We put it skin side down first and all seemed to go well. Beautiful fish and very tasty. In the future I would let this marinade over night on super thick steaks, make sure go for at least 2 hours! Nothing less!

No comments:

Post a Comment